Inner Healing is necessary when someone has experienced trauma, hurt, or emotional pain. We can all experience freedom in Christ and a release from the trauma, pain, and negative memories that can hinder one’s joy, peace, and fulfillment in life. This prayer is one of the many resources that are available to us in the healing of inner hurts, and traumas. If you are not sure of how to apply them, give us a call to schedule a counseling session. It is advisable to seek the help of counsel or someone with experience in inner healing when applying the prayer steps.
Isaiah 61:1-3 AMP “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me Because the Lord has anointed and commissioned me to bring good news to the humble and afflicted; He has sent me to bind up [the wounds of] the brokenhearted, to proclaim release to the [physical and spiritual] captives. And freedom to prisoners….”To comfort all who mourn, To grant to those who mourn in Zion the following: To give them a turban instead of dust on their heads…” The oil of joy instead of mourning, The garment of praise instead of a disheartened spirit…”
Using Prayers that heal the heart in Inner Healing
1. Break generational sins and curses
2. Sever ungodly soul ties
3. Replace negative beliefs with God’s promises
4. Renounce inner vows and replace them with Godly purposes
5. Receive divine visions to heal painful scenes
6. Break word curses spoken over you
7. Cast out every demonic stronghold that has connected itself to these inner wounds.
MODELS OF THE SEVEN PRAYERS (Pray all seven prayers over a life-dominating problem)
- Break generational sins and curses: 1. I confess and repent of the sin of my ancestors, my parents, and my own sin of ,__________, and of my anger and resentment against You, God, for allowing this to happen in my life. 2. I forgive and release my ancestors for passing on to me this sin and for the resulting curses of _____ (be specific). I ask You to forgive me, and I receive Your forgiveness. I forgive myself for participating in this sin. 3. I place the cross of Christ between my ancestors and myself, as a baby in my mother’s womb. I command the sin ofand all accompanying curses to be halted at the cross of Jesus Christ and for freedom and release to flow down from the cross of Christ to that baby in the womb.
- Sever ungodly soul ties. 1. I confess and repent of my sin of an ungodly soul tie with____ , and of my anger and resentment against You, God, for allowing this to happen in my life. 2. I forgive for their involvement in this sin. I ask You, God, to forgive me, and I receive Your forgiveness. 3. Lord, sever the ungodly soul tie between me and and restore the broken or torn portions of my soul. Lord, remove anything that has come into me through this soul tie and, Lord, bring back anything godly that has been stolen from me.
- Replace negative beliefs: 1. I confess and repent of my sin (and if appropriate, my ancestors’ sin) of believing the lie that and for the ways I have judged others and/or institutions based upon this negative belief. 2. I forgive for contributing to my forming this negative expectation/belief. I forgive myself for believing this lie. 3. I confess the countering divine truth that .
- Renounce inner vows: 1. I confess and repent of my sin of vowing that _______. 2. I forgive for contributing to my forming this vow and myself for making this vow. 3. Instead, I now purpose by the power of the Holy Spirit to .
- Receive divine visions: 1. I confess and repent of any anger and bitterness I have against You, God, for allowing this event to happen in my life. I ask You to forgive me, and I receive Your forgiveness. 2. Lord, please take me back to the appropriate memory that is underlying this issue in my heart. (See the scene. If a rape or other extremely traumatic scene, you may go back to just after it is over.) 3. Lord, show me where You were in this scene. (Look and see where Jesus is/was.) Holy Spirit, take over this scene and give me a vision, showing me what Jesus was doing. (Respond to what the Lord is showing and doing.)
- Break Word Curses: 1. I confess and repent for receiving the word curse stating that “I —————”, and for any anger or resentment against You, God, for allowing this to happen in my life. 2. I forgive and release —————————————— (myself & others) for speaking this over me. I ask You, God, to forgive me, and I receive Your forgiveness. I forgive myself for participating in this sin. 3. I joyfully accept the divine exchange Christ made for me on the cross of Calvary. I break this curse over me right now in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and I receive His divine blessing of ———— (the opposite) which replaces this curse.
- Cast out demons: 1. Make sure the demon’s house is thoroughly dismantled and his anchors completely pulled up by praying through the above five prayers. If the demon does not come out, go back to the above five prayers – something has been missed. Ask God what has been missed and honor what flows back in response. 2. In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I renounce and break all agreements with the demons (strongholds) of ———,———etc. 3. I take authority over the demons (strongholds) of ———— and I bind you and command you to leave me now in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Homework: Experience the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus: 1. God, the power to overcome the sin of ———— is in You, the One Who lives in me. 2. I turn away from my self-effort to overcome this sin, and embrace the power of the Holy Spirit Who flows within me. 3. Jesus, I release the flow of the power of the Holy Spirit out through me, to overcome completely the sin of—————. (May use vision, in seeing this happen.)
Summarize this revelation as a “Memorial Stone Celebration” Once God has granted you a thorough revelation on the topic at hand, write your personal prayerful summary of what He has shown you with “A Memorial Stone Celebration Concerning —————————————————.“ As you write, use the pattern below. (These questions are repeated on the following page. Feel free to fill up several pages completing the answers.)
1. My summary of what the Holy Spirit has revealed to me from the Bible is….. 2. My summary of the insights that the Holy Spirit has given to me through journaling and dreams and visions are… 3. The symbolic representation which I have created or chosen to memorialize this healing is… 4. The fences which God has instructed me to build to keep myself from temptation in this area are… 5. I declare I have been set completely free from the stronghold of —————— by my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
If you or someone you know is in need of Inner Healing, Biblical counseling or Spiritual Life Coaching give us a call at 610. 507.7274 or contact us by filling out our Intake form through this link: https://www.divinepurposecoach.com/contact.
These prayers are used with permission from Communion With God Ministries. By Mark & Patti Virkler.